Week 12 Microfiction: Eclipse


Personal creation on Canva.com

A race

Once upon a time, there was an argument between the earth and the moon. The two were fighting to see who was faster. Then they organized a race to find out who was the fastest. The goal was simple, the first one to reach the starting point of the other would be crowned champion. So, the race began, and both were at the same point. It was then that upon arrival that a phenomenon occurred. When the earth and the moon arrived at the starting point of each one, the moon passed in front of the sun which darkened the earth for a few minutes.


Cool 

Here is the origin of a solar eclipse. The earth and the moon organized this race a few times a year to reproduce this phenomenon because they thought it was cool. 


Author's note: This a story following my others microfiction. As I wrote about why the moon replaces the sun in the sky and why blue and black is the color of the sky, I wanted to write about the origin of an eclipse since I mentioned it here. This story is completely from my imagination and was not a retell from my parents when I was little. 

Comments

  1. Hi Melanie,
    I have actually just been introduced to microfiction and I love it! It is amazing how such a short story can hold so much information. I love this idea that the earth and the moon decided to race each other which is why the eclipse happens! It is such a simple idea that is so adorable and makes sense. Good job with this story! Perhaps I will have to try to write microfiction of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie,
    I love your little meme, I guess you could call it, at the beginning of your story. The sun's dialogue in it called for some good comic relief. I enjoy how you're personifying the moon, sun, and earth though. It allows a viewer to relate much more to the Earth and moon. I remember about 3-4 years ago when there was a solar eclipse here. Too bad I hadn't read this story at that time -- it would've allowed me to put this story together in real time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts