Week 11 Microfiction: The Sky

 

Personal creation on Canva.com

Blue or Black?

Once upon a time, when the earth had just been created, the creators got together to decide on the color of things. It was decided that blood would be red like fish, roses, or fruits of the woods. Grass would be green like caterpillars and bushes. But there was a debate about the color of the sky. It was either blue like the ocean or black like coal and smoke.

So, half of the designers wanted the sky to be blue, and the other half wanted it black.

This is why one part of the day, the sky, is blue and the other part is black.


Eclipse

As for solar eclipses, however, the legend says nothing.


Author's note: One of the few stories I used to tell the children I was babysitting. It's a story that I was told when I was little, so it's very likely that it exists somewhere in a book etc. I shortened it to fit the drabble format.

Comments

  1. Hey Melanie!
    I’ve never heard this story before. It’s definitely a cute reason for why the sky changes. Hopefully if I ever have kids, I can remember this to tell them. The legends don’t say anything about solar eclipses, but I wonder if they say anything about sunsets. Perhaps there a couple of creators that thought the sky should be red or gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melanie, beautiful job on your microfiction! I always enjoy reading your microfiction, you seem to capture a perfect moment in each one of them. Similarly to Connor’s comment, I wonder how someone would explain the other colors of the sky. Perhaps someone paints the sunrise early each morning and washes their paintbrushes out every evening to create a sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Melanie. I really liked your story. I thought it was short and sweet. I think it was kind of clever end the story with having an solar eclipse's color not being specified as it is something that is definitely very abstract. I think that it is also cool that this is a story that you used to tell kids while you babysat. Overall a really cool and interesting story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts