Week 13 Microfiction: Reality

Krishna playing music (Source: Flickr)


This story is the continued version of my week 13 story. You'll need to read it in order to understand this microfiction. 

The Reality 

I looked at the sunset, the last one with her. I know that I’m a horrible person, but I’ve been prepared my whole life to take over my family business. They worked hard it; I couldn’t just let go of it. Am I being selfish? Yes. I’ll take all the blame. I deserve it. I thought for a while that she was part of my destiny. But the universe spoke, and she couldn’t be part of my life. The person I’m marrying is lovely, and honestly, I could see myself falling in love with her. And, that’s the sad and harsh reality. 

Farewells 

She left. This was the last time we saw each other.


Author's note: This microfiction continues what I wrote for this week's story but with a different point of view. Here's some information on Krishna:

The story of Krishna is pretty simple: he was the one who was going to kill the evil one way before he was himself born—not even born that he was already a threat to an evil King. His parents were from the royals family, and they switched him with a baby girl from their village for him to live. Because his uncle, the evil King, has been murdering his sister sons, fearing to be killed by them while the prophecy said that the eighth son would be his killer. Krishna is switched and lived his best life with his “mother.” During his life there, he met his soulmate Radha but could not have a relationship with her because she was not part of his destiny of saving the world.

I wrote the story in a modern setting. In both stories, the original and this one, Krishna cannot be with Radha because of destiny. They are both coping with the painful truth. 

Bibliography: Krishna, Epified TV

Comments

  1. Hi!
    Great story! It was so interesting! I really enjoyed reading it! I also liked the image that you used. The bright colors make the page more fun! Your microfiction was well written. You were able to get the point across with great detail without exceeding the word limit! I liked reading your author's note as well. It helped me get a better understanding of what was going on! I hope you have a great rest of your semester! Happy dead week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brooklyn!

    I did not have a chance to read all of the previous stories that you wrote, so I am a little loss. I really like the idea behind your story and the way you explained your story in the Author's Note was very helpful in making it easier for me to understand what is going on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts