Microfiction: Street Food

A collage of a few things I ate in South Korea

Foodie!

Music, singing voices, people talking; those were the sounds that animated the street. Cosmetics shops, clothes boutiques, and street food vendors were at each side of it. Okay, time to taste something. But first, let’s order it in Korean; hope they’ll understand me. Not even arrived at the end of the street, and I already ate: a tornado potato, an egg bread, a corn dog, and a fish-shaped bread honey ice cream. I’m full, or not? Should I taste something else, or am I too gourmand? Oh! Fish cakes! I need to try it. I watched so many YouTube videos with people eating it.

Not So Fast.

Yup. An allergic reaction. Who would guess that fish cakes are not really fish bread but bread made with seafood ingredients? Not me! Thank God I brought my allergic medicine.



Author's Note: A little story of how was my trip to Seoul. I think I spend 90% of my time eating! But my love of good food caused me to have an allergic reaction but nothing serious, just itching that went away as quickly as it happened. 


Comments

  1. I love how you chose to document parts of your vacation to Seoul by utilizing a micro-fiction! The hustle and bustle of South Korea is almost romanticized in this story which I love! Also the street food is top notch! I laughed out loud hearing about your allergic reaction, so I do hope it wasn't too bad haha. Did you know you were allergic to seafood before hand? I am so sorry that I laughed about that, but I have been there done that (I am allergic to beef and pork not seafood so I am right there with you on the allergy medicine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie! All the food in your photos look delicious!! I love how you started your paragraph, it creates a setting/idea of what is going on and as a reader I can imagine hearing people talk/ listening to music! I also love how you wrote a bit about your trip to Seoul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Melanie!
    Your picture made me so hungry! I too am such a foodie, so when I travel to different places the first thing I want to do is try new foods. I find food to be the coolest part of different cultures. The way all of us have been able to create so many different things and share them is just so amazing to me. I hope to someday travel to different counties to try different foods as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts